FiBL is one of the world's leading organic farming research and technology transfer centers dedicated to sustainable agriculture with 175 staff members. It is an independent, non-profit research institute with the aim of advancing cutting-edge science particularly in the field of organic farming. FiBL's research team works together with farmers and farmers' organisations to develop innovative and cost-effective solutions to boost agricultural productivity while never losing sight of environmental, health and socio-economic impacts. FiBL has been partner in more than 50 projects under the EU's Framework Programmes.
Role in the project
Harun Cicek and Andreas Fliessbach are coordinating the scientific coherence and the interaction of the various actors in the work-packages of Sustain Sahel. Carla Pinho is the administrative coordinator and the contact point to for the project officer at REA. Apart from the overall coordination and administration of Sustain Sahel (WP1) FiBL staff members are involved in all work packages. Gian Nicolay is deputy coordinator of WP2 that creates the platforms for participation and interaction among stakeholders; Christian Grovermann is coordinating WP3 designing a randomized control trial to test the adoption of technologies involved in CSL integration; Harun Cicek is deputy coordinator of WP4 designing experiments on CSL integration in a participatory way; Markus Steffens contributes with his knowledge on spectroscopy and remote sensing in WP5 and WP7; Felix Heckendorn will contribute with his long-standing experience in veterinary parasitology to WP6; and Miguel DePorras will facilitate the dialogue between scientists and politicians within the dissemination and communication WP8.
Key persons involved
- Dr. Andreas Fliessbach (FiBL-CH): Coordinator, Leader WP1
- Dr. Harun Cicek (FiBL-CH): Scientific Coordinator, Co-leader WP4
- Gian Nicolay (FiBL-CH): Co-leader WP2
- Dr. Christian Grovermann (FiBL-CH): Leader WP3
- Dr. Felix Heckendorn (FiBL-FR): Collaborator in WP6
- Dr. Markus Steffens (FiBL-CH): Contributions to WP5 and WP7
- Carla Pinho (FiBL-EU): Administrative coordinator, project management and financial monitoring
- Miguel DePorras (FiBL-EU): Science-policy dialogue tasks in WP8